Quest Howth run the Irish Sailing National Powerboat Certificate for all those who have completed Introduction to Powerboating Level 1 or have some experience. This training scheme develops the skills and knowledge necessary to safely, and effectively, skipper an open powerboat, by day, on inland and coastal waters. The course requires a minimum of 14 hours tuition over two days. All Quest Howth Powerboating courses are part of the Irish Sailing National Powerboat Training Scheme and are recognised by the Department of the Marine.
By the end of this course you will be able to do the following:
- Be able to describe how to fit and remove an outboard engine.
- Be able to safely refuel a boat, stow fuel tanks & connect fuel lines
- Be able to identify and demonstrate the use of the following equipment:
- Mooring lines, fenders, anchor and warp, boathook, bilge-pump, bailer,
paddles or oars, compass, torch, charts / maps.
- Be able to identify and describe the use of following equipment:
fire extinguisher, first aid kit, flares, whistle, engine spares and tools
- Be able to stow and secure equipment on board.
- Have prepared a powerboat for use.