The National Powerboat Course is the perfect course for those that are seeking a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to powerboating.
The course runs over two days from 9.30am-5.00pm and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Essential chartwork for planning a voyage.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
Once you’ve completed the course you can continue your powerboating in Howth Yacht Club by signing up as a volunteer and joining our mark laying team. Further training is also available, with our Safety Boat Course.